For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but justice, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.
God wants us to be happy, this is fact. Brothers and Sisters in Christ, today, like all days is a great day. God loves us! His love is eternal. Let us steer away from our daily sin, our daily wants in needs, knowing that in Heaven we will dwell within the Holy Spirit. But here is the great news- the Holy Spirit is already within us. Take strength in knowing that. Be conscience of our daily habits and needs, and do not be afraid to face the evil that attack us hourly, daily, or every minute. Pray for the Holy Spirit to guide us and strength us, knowing that it dwells within us, and that there is nothing we cannot face. Do not fall prey to habit, to selfishness, to want and need. Do not over indulge. Look towards God. Stay the course, and ask for strength from our Lord. Be conscience! Be aware! Think before reacting. Do not be gluttonous, for as believers we know that the gift that awaits us is more than we can imagine. How I struggle almost every minute not to fall prey to my needs and my desires. Take comfort in knowing that. Every day for me is a spiritual battle as it is for you. But this I know. I have a host of Saints. I have my guardian angel. I have my Blessed Mother. I have angels; and I have my brothers and sisters in faith. What an Army to have! Today has been a rough day for me today, but I will tell you that I can do it! Look at my “back-up”- what a comfort, what a blessing. My reflection today is simply this. Meditate on the scripture passage above. Know that you are not alone. Know that, yes, you will be attacked by evil, yes you will be tempted. But never be afraid to ask for help; look at the Army that you have. Think of how, as inherently human, we all face the same struggles. Now imagine that Christ, living and breathing on this planet, did not- how AMAZING is that! Always look to our Creator, knowing that the kingdom of Heaven will be a such, and that if we never lose focus, and love as He loved, we can get through everything that is thrown at us- EVERY day! God does not give what he thinks we cannot handle, and through my trivial suffering, I look to God to get me through. God Bless!
YOUR ENEMY MAY DO YO… on Pope Francis’ Homily, Ju… Cathy on Pope Francis’ Homily, Ju… Daily Reflections of… on Daily Reflections of Saint Pad… Reflection. “Unless… on Reflection. “Unless you… Morning daily prayer… on Daily Prayer!
- UntitledThe Pope will award an indulgence if you follow from home! Here is the link (below) is the World Youth Day Liturgy so that you can! http://wydcentral.org/rio-2013-liturgy-book/adamscj99
- Daily Reflections of Saint Padre Pio- On Guardian AngelsGuardian Angel: Send me your Guardian Angel: “If you need me and cannot come to visit me, enter in a church, kneel at the Blessed Sacrament, and send me your Guardian Angel.” “Send the guardian angel. He doesn’t pay a … Continue reading →adamscj99
- Saint Simon StockBorn in the County of Kent, England, about 1165; died in the Carmelite monastery at Bordeaux, France, 16 May, 1265. On account of his English birth he is also called Simon Anglus. It is said that when twelve years old he began to live as a hermit in the … Continue reading →adamscj99
- Our Lady of Mount CarmelOur Lady of Mount Carmel The Story of Our Lady of Mount Carmel On July 16, 1251, Our Lady appeared to St. Simon Stock, the Father of the Carmelite Order, and presented him with the Scapular. St. Simon’s story began … Continue reading →adamscj99
- Reflection. “Unless you believe you will not understand.”Matthew 10:34- 11:1 Jesus said to his Apostles: “Do not think that I have come to bring peace upon the earth. I have come to bring not peace but the sword. For I have come to set a man against … Continue reading →adamscj99
- Daily Reflections of Saint Padre Pio: On Justification“God revealed his power more fully in our justification than in creating heaven and earth.” “Our justification is such an enormous miracle that the sacred scripture compares it to the Resurrection.” “Oh, if we could perceive … Continue reading →adamscj99
- FROM THE POPE EMERITUS! OLDIE BUT GOODIE!BENEDICT XVI GENERAL AUDIENCE St Peter’s Square Wednesday, 9 April 2008 Saint Benedict of Norcia Dear Brothers and Sisters, Today, I would like to speak about Benedict, the Founder of Western Monasticism and also the Patron of my … Continue reading →adamscj99
- Holy Father’s Angelus, July 8, 2013Dear brothers and sisters! First of all I want to share with you the joy of having encountered, yesterday and today, a special Year of Faith pilgrimage: that of seminarians & novices. Please pray for them, that their love … Continue reading →adamscj99
- Pope Francis’ Lumen Fedei- English TranslationPlease see link for the Holy Father’s Lumen Fedei, English translation. Reflection to follow soon! ~CJA http://www.vatican.va/holy_father/francesco/encyclicals/documents/papa-francesco_20130629_enciclica-lumen-fidei_en.pdfadamscj99
- Devoutly Catholic- Time Off and the importance of Freedom.Devoutly Catholic will be offline, starting tomorrow for some much needed family time and will return next Monday.. As the 4th of July of America takes place, I ask that all of us take a good look at freedom- true … Continue reading →adamscj99