Dear brothers and sisters,
At the end of this celebration, I wish to greet all of you who have come to pay homage to the new saints, especially the official delegations of Italy, Colombia and Mexico. May the martyrs of Otranto help the beloved Italian people to look with hope to the future, trusting in the nearness of God who never abandons us, even in difficult times.
Through the intercession of Mother Laura Montoya, the Lord grant new missionary and evangelizing impulse to the Church, and, inspired by the example of harmony and reconciliation of this new saint, may the beloved children of Colombia continue to work for peace and fair development of their homeland.
Let us place in the hands of Saint Guadalupe García Zavala all the poor, the sick and those who assist them, and commend to her intercession the noble Mexican nation, that, having banished all violence and insecurity, the nation might increasingly advance along the path of solidarity and fraternal co-existence.
I am also pleased to mention that [Saturday], in Rome, the priest Luigi Novarese, founder of the Center for Volunteers of Suffering and the Silent Workers of the Cross, was beatified. I join in the thanksgiving for this exemplary priest, who was able to renew the pastoral care of the sick by making them active participants in the Church.
I greet the participants in the “March for Life” which took place in Rome this [Sunday] morning and invite you to keep the attention of everyone on the important issue of respect for human life from the moment of conception. In this regard, I am pleased to recall the signature-collection drive currently underway in many Italian parishes, in order to support the European “One of Us” initiative to ensure legal protection to the embryo, protecting every human being from the first moment of existence. A special moment especially for those who care about the defense of the sanctity of human life will be Evangelium Vitae Day, which will take place here in the Vatican, in the context of the Year of Faith, on 15 and 16 June.
I greet with affection all parish groups, families, schools, the young people present. With filial love we now turn to the Virgin Mary, Mother and model of all Christian saints. [Have a] good Sunday, and [enjoy your] lunch.
YOUR ENEMY MAY DO YO… on Pope Francis’ Homily, Ju… Cathy on Pope Francis’ Homily, Ju… Daily Reflections of… on Daily Reflections of Saint Pad… Reflection. “Unless… on Reflection. “Unless you… Morning daily prayer… on Daily Prayer!
- UntitledThe Pope will award an indulgence if you follow from home! Here is the link (below) is the World Youth Day Liturgy so that you can! http://wydcentral.org/rio-2013-liturgy-book/adamscj99
- Daily Reflections of Saint Padre Pio- On Guardian AngelsGuardian Angel: Send me your Guardian Angel: “If you need me and cannot come to visit me, enter in a church, kneel at the Blessed Sacrament, and send me your Guardian Angel.” “Send the guardian angel. He doesn’t pay a … Continue reading →adamscj99
- Saint Simon StockBorn in the County of Kent, England, about 1165; died in the Carmelite monastery at Bordeaux, France, 16 May, 1265. On account of his English birth he is also called Simon Anglus. It is said that when twelve years old he began to live as a hermit in the … Continue reading →adamscj99
- Our Lady of Mount CarmelOur Lady of Mount Carmel The Story of Our Lady of Mount Carmel On July 16, 1251, Our Lady appeared to St. Simon Stock, the Father of the Carmelite Order, and presented him with the Scapular. St. Simon’s story began … Continue reading →adamscj99
- Reflection. “Unless you believe you will not understand.”Matthew 10:34- 11:1 Jesus said to his Apostles: “Do not think that I have come to bring peace upon the earth. I have come to bring not peace but the sword. For I have come to set a man against … Continue reading →adamscj99
- Daily Reflections of Saint Padre Pio: On Justification“God revealed his power more fully in our justification than in creating heaven and earth.” “Our justification is such an enormous miracle that the sacred scripture compares it to the Resurrection.” “Oh, if we could perceive … Continue reading →adamscj99
- FROM THE POPE EMERITUS! OLDIE BUT GOODIE!BENEDICT XVI GENERAL AUDIENCE St Peter’s Square Wednesday, 9 April 2008 Saint Benedict of Norcia Dear Brothers and Sisters, Today, I would like to speak about Benedict, the Founder of Western Monasticism and also the Patron of my … Continue reading →adamscj99
- Holy Father’s Angelus, July 8, 2013Dear brothers and sisters! First of all I want to share with you the joy of having encountered, yesterday and today, a special Year of Faith pilgrimage: that of seminarians & novices. Please pray for them, that their love … Continue reading →adamscj99
- Pope Francis’ Lumen Fedei- English TranslationPlease see link for the Holy Father’s Lumen Fedei, English translation. Reflection to follow soon! ~CJA http://www.vatican.va/holy_father/francesco/encyclicals/documents/papa-francesco_20130629_enciclica-lumen-fidei_en.pdfadamscj99
- Devoutly Catholic- Time Off and the importance of Freedom.Devoutly Catholic will be offline, starting tomorrow for some much needed family time and will return next Monday.. As the 4th of July of America takes place, I ask that all of us take a good look at freedom- true … Continue reading →adamscj99