Ephesians 4:2 with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love,
Reflection. As I hold my sick little 5 month old in my arms, it is sometimes very frustrating to handle his constant need, want, whining, crying, and overall temperament. If you have ever had a child, then you know the challenges that you face as a parent- particularly when they are sick. Often times, you just have to put your baby down, walk away, take a breath, then go back in and handle it. But it made me think of something last night, as finally after an hour at 2 am in the morning, he rested serenely in my arms- I love this kid, and I love him unconditionally. But let me tell you, having children (this is my second), take patience, and lots of it! But it also leads me to my point in reflection today.
To truly love, we must love unconditionally, we must learn to love, through patience. At the time, when my son is uncontrollably crying, I tend to lose patience and get mad, I forget the love that I otherwise would have displayed when he was serene, or happy, or giggling. I think that having children better enables me to learn patience- not just for my loved ones- but for those all around me. I must have the patience that the Lord has with us, in order to truly love those all around us. For the greatest gift that he has given us, is Love. Imagine the divine patience that our Lord has for us, even when we sin- and sin often- against him. Imagine the patience the Lord has for us when we do not love one another, nor show forth gratitude for the life he Has given us, nor the humility that we tend not to show. Imagine the patience the Lord had for us, when, as man, He came down and was put to death by His own children, so that we may understand His will and have eternal life with Him in his kingdom. The patience He displays with us, even at this moment, is truly a testament to His love. We must learn this patience, in order to love one another. Let this reflection be a reminder that we must be patient with one another and learn how to love as He does now, keeping in mind that there are some that will be lost, and some that will need to be found, but through His love and teaching all things are possible. God Bless!~ CJA
YOUR ENEMY MAY DO YO… on Pope Francis’ Homily, Ju… Cathy on Pope Francis’ Homily, Ju… Daily Reflections of… on Daily Reflections of Saint Pad… Reflection. “Unless… on Reflection. “Unless you… Morning daily prayer… on Daily Prayer!
- UntitledThe Pope will award an indulgence if you follow from home! Here is the link (below) is the World Youth Day Liturgy so that you can! http://wydcentral.org/rio-2013-liturgy-book/ Advertisementsadamscj99
- Daily Reflections of Saint Padre Pio- On Guardian AngelsGuardian Angel: Send me your Guardian Angel: “If you need me and cannot come to visit me, enter in a church, kneel at the Blessed Sacrament, and send me your Guardian Angel.” “Send the guardian angel. He doesn’t pay a … Continue reading →adamscj99
- Saint Simon StockBorn in the County of Kent, England, about 1165; died in the Carmelite monastery at Bordeaux, France, 16 May, 1265. On account of his English birth he is also called Simon Anglus. It is said that when twelve years old he began to live as a hermit in the … Continue reading →adamscj99
- Our Lady of Mount CarmelOur Lady of Mount Carmel The Story of Our Lady of Mount Carmel On July 16, 1251, Our Lady appeared to St. Simon Stock, the Father of the Carmelite Order, and presented him with the Scapular. St. Simon’s story began … Continue reading →adamscj99
- Reflection. “Unless you believe you will not understand.”Matthew 10:34- 11:1 Jesus said to his Apostles: “Do not think that I have come to bring peace upon the earth. I have come to bring not peace but the sword. For I have come to set a man against … Continue reading →adamscj99
- Daily Reflections of Saint Padre Pio: On Justification“God revealed his power more fully in our justification than in creating heaven and earth.” “Our justification is such an enormous miracle that the sacred scripture compares it to the Resurrection.” “Oh, if we could perceive … Continue reading →adamscj99
- FROM THE POPE EMERITUS! OLDIE BUT GOODIE!BENEDICT XVI GENERAL AUDIENCE St Peter’s Square Wednesday, 9 April 2008 Saint Benedict of Norcia Dear Brothers and Sisters, Today, I would like to speak about Benedict, the Founder of Western Monasticism and also the Patron of my … Continue reading →adamscj99
- Holy Father’s Angelus, July 8, 2013Dear brothers and sisters! First of all I want to share with you the joy of having encountered, yesterday and today, a special Year of Faith pilgrimage: that of seminarians & novices. Please pray for them, that their love … Continue reading →adamscj99
- Pope Francis’ Lumen Fedei- English TranslationPlease see link for the Holy Father’s Lumen Fedei, English translation. Reflection to follow soon! ~CJA http://www.vatican.va/holy_father/francesco/encyclicals/documents/papa-francesco_20130629_enciclica-lumen-fidei_en.pdfadamscj99
- Devoutly Catholic- Time Off and the importance of Freedom.Devoutly Catholic will be offline, starting tomorrow for some much needed family time and will return next Monday.. As the 4th of July of America takes place, I ask that all of us take a good look at freedom- true … Continue reading →adamscj99